VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings,

I have a copy of MechWarrior 2 Diamond Monster 3d version disc and an ATI Rage version disc, and I am in the process of collecting the other versions, including Mercs et al.

I have a Voodoo3 in my system, in addition to a Voodoo2. The goal is to buy a 2nd Voodoo2 for SLI and a Voodoo1, in order to maximize compatibility. I was going to shoot for a Voodoo4 to replace the 3, but there are no accelerated drivers for Windows 3.x...

Is there anything special I need to do to run MechWarrior 2 et al with the Voodoo3? Would it be better to use the Voodoo2? Is the Titanium version worth it (I hear it is a different engine/ missing textures, etc.?) I am going to start installing games after I finish setting up the system with what I have on hand, and I am looking for the best way to test MechWarrior 2 with the least amount of hassle, while making it look the best that it can. Also, how is the Sidewinder Precision Pro with this game? I have the 3d Pro for DOS games, and I used to have the Precision Pro and want to get my hands on one for nostalgia.

Scythifuge