VOGONS

First post, by dave343

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey, I have a Toshiba Satellite 4600 Pro laptop in mint condition, it’s been sitting idle for a while with a copy of XP I installed on it. My goal has been to get the original factory image installed, but I’ve had no luck in finding recovery disc’s for it online. Do any of you have recovery CD’s for the Satellite 4600 or a very similar model? Or know where I could find factory images of recovery cd’s? A huge thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 2, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've got a Satellite Pro 4340, and I didn't (nor expect to) find those recovery disks. Instead, I found that Toshiba keeps every driver (even BIOS updates) from that era, so I downloaded everything and installed it over a vanilla Windows 98SE installation.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 2 of 2, by dave343

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Zup wrote on 2020-05-09, 14:23:

I've got a Satellite Pro 4340, and I didn't (nor expect to) find those recovery disks. Instead, I found that Toshiba keeps every driver (even BIOS updates) from that era, so I downloaded everything and installed it over a vanilla Windows 98SE installation.

Thanks, after posting this I found their FTP site which as you mentioned has ALL the drivers and BIOS updates for the 4600, for both XP and 98SE. I’ll just use the base 98SE install CD and then use those drivers. Thanks,