VOGONS

First post, by LEO33

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I'm playing for the first time Prince of Persia 3D on Windows XP. The game version is v1.01.

When I am on level 3 (Cistern), in a section when I'm on a boat, after killing a Darkhold Assassin, during the cutscene of the boat entering the dock, the Prince falls from the boat into the water by himself, and because entering the water in that area means death from monsters, I'm instantly killed, therefore making the game unplayable. I recorded the whole thing here.

Because no one else seemed not to experience or report this bug, I found out that limiting the frame rate to 30 FPS with MSI Afterburner solves this problem.

So is there any unofficial patch or any other alternative tool that can limit the frame rate in this game?

Reply 1 of 1, by bloodem

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Personally, I always activate FPS limiting on these old games (if their engine doesn’t already have one built-in), however , most of the time I can get away with a 60 FPS limit. I also played POP3D a few months ago (and have finished the game since then) with a 60 FPS cap, and I didn’t encounter any blocker issues

1 x PLCC-68 / 2 x PGA132 / 5 x Skt 3 / 9 x Skt 7 / 12 x SS7 / 1 x Skt 8 / 14 x Slot 1 / 5 x Slot A
5 x Skt 370 / 8 x Skt A / 2 x Skt 478 / 2 x Skt 754 / 3 x Skt 939 / 7 x LGA775 / 1 x LGA1155
Current PC: Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Backup PC: Core i7 7700k