VOGONS

First post, by CoreyOLi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good afternoon!

I'm working on multiple different retro builds and one of the top things I'm running into is web browsing.. Now I realize web browsers from that period are not going to browse most websites (especially with new java, etc..) However I have Opera running fairly well, but one annoying issue, every webpage, every time, it pops up a certificate warning that you must accept to continue...

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success getting any web browser working relatively well without so many cert issues...

Granted, I won't be using these machines for web browsing much, but sometimes it would be easier to browser for drivers/software, etc. directly on them rather have another PC go out and find stuff, then ftp it, etc...

Thanks,

-Corey

Reply 1 of 2, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

From my (months) of attempts and research, if you wanna stick to the vanilla 9x, then for the Windows 9x I am using Netscape 9.0.0.6 with Roytam1's NSS patches (available somewhere in this forum) and also Roytam1's Retrozilla browser as a second option.

"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.
READ: Right to Repair sucks and is illegal!

Reply 2 of 2, by CoreyOLi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bruninho wrote on 2020-07-02, 18:08:

From my (months) of attempts and research, if you wanna stick to the vanilla 9x, then for the Windows 9x I am using Netscape 9.0.0.6 with Roytam1's NSS patches (available somewhere in this forum) and also Roytam1's Retrozilla browser as a second option.

Excellent! Thanks man, greatly appreciate it!

-Corey