VOGONS

First post, by DCeric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright I got Windows 98 installed with MSDOS and I also got NewDealOffice installed. In Windows 98 I can use New Deal Office with my USB mouse and USB keyboard. For some reason if I load New Deal Office from MSDOS it won't detect the keyboard and mouse. I may also need help with the Sound Blaster I don't know if it sounds correct or not.

Reply 1 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is your keyboard usable in DOS when you're not running New Deal Office? Or does it suddenly stop working after you load New Deal Office?

Likewise, does your USB mouse work in other DOS programs? It is expected that it wouldn't work in DOS unless your BIOS has special support for it.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/3109 … our-computer-in .

Reply 2 of 3, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I second that.

In addition, PC GEOS can use both MS-Mouse mice drivers for DOS, as well as its own mice drivers.

If you like, you can install USB mice drivers in DOS.
They need more conventional memory than normal mice drivers, though.

Here's an old thread with some USB mice drivers, for example.
- There are never drivers, I suppose, which I never tried..

Re: FreeDOS and Windows 98 SE - Dual boot and USB support

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 3 of 3, by DCeric

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the help I figured I'd just go with what I have. If it works fine in Windows 98 I could just use it there. I'm using that Cute Mouse or whatever its called in Autoexe or config can't remember. Somewhat a newb with this stuff.