VOGONS

First post, by Mouldotron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, hello.

This is my first post although I've visited this site before looking for information. Big fan of older machines, and Hitchhikers as it happens. I grew up on XT's and upwards, still got lots of old machines now.

Anyway, back when I were a nipper, I was rather fond of programming games and I've found a couple of ancient 3.5" disks with the only known surviving copies of some of the games I wrote. I've never actually shared them or uploaded them anywhere, they've literally been existing on a single disk for decades and I'm pleased to have found them.

So, here is one for you, other than myself you'll be the first to play it. I called it Diamond Digger and it's a bit similar to Boulder Dash but not quite that league. I finished it on 6th April, 1994.

I converted the original readme.wri to a PDF. It needs VGA, and runs on a 286, 386 or a low-end 486. Beyond that it's unplayable as it's too fast. You put /286 /386 /486 or /486+ on the end of the EXE file, otherwise it defaults to 386 mode.

I just played it using Dosbox and I can't even remember how to solve the puzzles.

Hope you enjoy playing something small and cute that you've definitely not played before...

Attachments

• Filename
    dia-dig.zip
    File size
    76.09 KiB
    Downloads
    47 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 3, by Mouldotron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure thing, just grabbed a few frames and attached them as Gifs.

I know it's not quite Doom Eternal but this was the 90's and I was just a wee boy!

Attachments

• ddss3.gif
    Filename
    ddss3.gif
    File size
    13.31 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • ddss2.gif
    Filename
    ddss2.gif