First post, by Dester
I'm trying to access my QNAP shares from a 486 machine, where a fresh Win95 OSR2 is installed. The network is up and running, but when I try to browse the NAS, a password window pops up as follows (let's assume that the UNC of the NAS is NAS):
\\NAS - enter password for \\NAS\IPC$
\\NAS\sharename - enter password for \\NAS\sharename
But no passwords are accepted.
For Win98SE, I faced the same, but after installing the package Active Directory services client extensions from the unofficial Windows 98 SP3, it worked instantly. Are there any packages of this available for Windows 95 as well? I think this might be the solution.
- the NAS is a QNAP TS-228 NAS, all SMB versions enabled from 1.0 to 3.0, and otherwise the shares are functional
- I don't want to use FTP if a network share is doable
- I played already along, I have the same user/pass as one of the users on NAS
- Workgroup name is matching everywhere
- Login mode is Login to Microsoft Network
- I did everything the same way as I did on Win98 USP3 and Win2000 SP4
Thanks in advance!
I feel like I could... like I could... like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!