VOGONS

First post, by Lazer42

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Testing out a few games today, I was getting some awful sounds out of my SB16. Epic Pinball - the shareware/Android only version - sounds bad, something I know others have dealt with in the past and there are a few threads on it. Then I found that Galactix was sounding bad, and then the Apogee fanfare on Blake Stone.

The Apogee fanfare sounded like it was really just clipping, though, so I checked and the SB16SET master volume was at 100%. If I turn it back down, all the games sound correct *except* Epic Pinball, and then when I load other games after Epic Pinball, they sound bad again.

I checked and each time I run Epic Pinball the master volume is going to 100% again. This sounds like it's what's wrong with Epic Pinball's sound. For the others I can obviously just not run Epic Pinball first, but is there any way to prevent Epic Pinball from boosting the Sb16's volume to max so it will sound more correct?

Reply 1 of 2, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You mentioned other threads so you've probably seen this one: SB16 issues with Jazz Jackrabbit, Epic Pinball

That's more about quality than volume, which doesn't seem to be your issue. But there are some driver patches attached on the second page which might be worth trying.

Failing that, maybe run it from a batch file that corrects the volume afterwards? Admittedly more of a band-aid than a fix.

Reply 2 of 2, by Lazer42

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Pierre32 wrote on 2021-05-15, 23:23:

You mentioned other threads so you've probably seen this one: SB16 issues with Jazz Jackrabbit, Epic Pinball

That's more about quality than volume, which doesn't seem to be your issue. But there are some driver patches attached on the second page which might be worth trying.

Failing that, maybe run it from a batch file that corrects the volume afterwards? Admittedly more of a band-aid than a fix.

I did see that post and in fact I don't even have the file mentioned for patching.