VOGONS

First post, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

iam almost done with my 486 big tower build ,only thing that wont work are the sound drivers or card dont know ,been trying sins this morning
i got the drivers from here http://dosdays.co.uk/topics/sb.php when i go to sbrpo than install its starts install the drivers but it says inflating not installing not shure what this means
i have the files on a usb stick installing them via gotek just like i did with dos

CT1600
FM synthesizer: YMF262 (OPL3).
DAC: YAC512.
Panasonic and Mitsumi CD-ROM connectors.

This is the "Sound Blaster Pro II", introduced in 1991.

A new single OPL3 chip replaces the old dual-OPL2 arrangement. Lower interference than CT1330 due to the new analogue low pass filter. Output quality is quite good, with low noise level, no audible distortion and packs a lot of power in the bass section. Perhaps a bit too bass'y compared to higher quality sound cards. In the mixer settings, the low pass filter is on by default. This can be deactivated with the SBP-SET utilities included in the drivers. This filter is supposed to be applied to digital audio, not FM.

The CT1336 chip is the bus interface chip.

Drivers
SoundBlaster Pro II Windows 3.1 and DOS Driver Updates for CT-1600 / CT-1680 / CT-1690 only

For the above set of drivers, If you have not already installed SB Pro drivers into Windows 3.1 and DOS, you must first download and install the drivers from the files SBP2WU.EXE and SBP2DU.EXE

i dont have any other hardware inside the pc just soundcard vga card and cf card adapter nothing else so i dont have any conflict i think

Attachments

Last edited by scroeffie on 2021-06-04, 18:33. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

as you can see the test has past it plays but nothing comes out the speakers are working 100% tested them via phone
iam lost i think iam install the wrong drivers or iam not installing them correct way
iam using dos 6.22 only no windows

Attachments

Reply 3 of 5, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

These screenshots look confusing...

On the card you have jumpers set to:

IRQ = 7
DMA = 1

But SET Blaster has IRQ=5 and DMA=1. DIAGNOSE has IRQ=7 and DMA=3

Set blaster should match the jumper settings and than it should work. You don't need anything else but "Set blaster..." in your autoexec.bat and use the same settings in game setup.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 4 of 5, by scroeffie

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

wil delete the drivers than and try again i have 2 of the pro 2 cards, i have tested both cards in my pentium 1 with the same cf card and both work perfect
but not in my 486 all 3 isa slots ,so its a bios conflict ? or all 3 isa slots are dead

Attachments