VOGONS

First post, by ArcadEd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I owned this back in the day, I honestly have no idea what happened to my copy of it. I recently downloaded it again and there is no manual included with any of the download. Does anyone have a digital copy of the GCS manual?

I do also have GCS3 for windows with the included HTML manual, but I really wanted to mess around with the old dos version.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Reply 3 of 9, by ArcadEd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-06-17, 12:33:

Have you tried searching on archive.org ?

I have, y es. However, I may not be too good at search 🤣

I don't remember if it came with a printed manual already or if it was on disk. It seems weird if it was on disk it wouldn't be included with the downloadable versions out there.

Reply 4 of 9, by ArcadEd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Digging further into the archive.org rabbit hole it seems the manul did come printed.
" Inside you will find a 100 page user manual that is both a game building guide and a reference guide."

So I guess I'll need to find a copy of th software to buy somewhere to get the manual as I doubt anyone has scanned it.

Reply 5 of 9, by ArcadEd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK, so I found an ISO called 3d_gcs_assistant.iso on archive.org. It appearst to be an install package for GCS 1.1. There is a docs folder on the CD containg a .doc and a .txt files. They seem to be the documentation.
There is also a program that you can run to print the manual, I am assuming it just prints that doc or txt file.
Here is the archive.org page https://archive.org/details/3-d-gcs-assistant

Reply 9 of 9, by ArcadEd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
chrismeyer6 wrote on 2021-06-17, 20:45:

Nice. Any fun plans with the software now that you have the manual?

I don't know. I think the thrill of the hunt was part of it 🤣.

I working on this really large NFT project (if you don't know what NFTs are, they have to do with Crypto curreny and digital collectibles). Anyway, my project is all about creating new arcade style games and bringing them into the NFT space with custom arcade cabinets, high scores, etc. blah blah.

My first launch is going to be 5 games, all arcade style. For future projects I was kind of thinking of doing classic computers or something. I just love all this nostalgia stuff 😀.