VOGONS

First post, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wanted to use the FreeCom COMMAND.COM with tab completion instead of Microsoft's COMMAND.COM with DOSKEY but FreeCom has an irritating PC speaker beep to alert you when there are multiple or no completions available. This is very irritating and there is no option to disable it.

This build is just a straight recompile with the offending beep() and beep_low() lines commented out for both tab completion and when navigating the command history buffer.

Open Watcom v2 (2021-08-15)
NASM 2.15.05
FreeCom (2021-7-15)

Attachments

Reply 1 of 4, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kahenraz wrote on 2021-08-16, 18:02:
I wanted to use the FreeCom COMMAND.COM with tab completion instead of Microsoft's COMMAND.COM with DOSKEY but FreeCom has an ir […]
Show full quote

I wanted to use the FreeCom COMMAND.COM with tab completion instead of Microsoft's COMMAND.COM with DOSKEY but FreeCom has an irritating PC speaker beep to alert you when there are multiple or no completions available. This is very irritating and there is no option to disable it.

This build is just a straight recompile with the offending beep() and beep_low() lines commented out for both tab completion and when navigating the command history buffer.

Open Watcom v2 (2021-08-15)
NASM 2.15.05
FreeCom (2021-7-15)

Sounds cool.

How much conventional memory is used compared to MickySofts command.com with doskey loaded?

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉