Rank Newbie
Rank

I need to know how to how to withdraw hard disk from amstrad pc1640

Reply 2 of 5, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

open the case, it's seven screws. two hidden under standoffs, the other two under the plate that covers the expansion cardslots you need to remove first.
also remove all the screws for the cardslots, should be three of them.
then retract the metal that shields the cardslots away from the plastic, and then you should be able to lift the top plastic part, which should give you a visual of the hard drive and floppy drive brackets.

Kinda funny for me seeing you asking this since I have a pc1640 since... yesterday, and only opened it today to clean out and notice the fan underneath the harddisk had dropped the fanblades.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 3 of 5, by dadocastro2801

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
weedeewee wrote on 2021-11-25, 15:19:
open the case, it's seven screws. two hidden under standoffs, the other two under the plate that covers the expansion cardslots […]
Show full quote

open the case, it's seven screws. two hidden under standoffs, the other two under the plate that covers the expansion cardslots you need to remove first.
also remove all the screws for the cardslots, should be three of them.
then retract the metal that shields the cardslots away from the plastic, and then you should be able to lift the top plastic part, which should give you a visual of the hard drive and floppy drive brackets.

Kinda funny for me seeing you asking this since I have a pc1640 since... yesterday, and only opened it today to clean out and notice the fan underneath the harddisk had dropped the fanblades.

I was referring to removing it without the hard disk check error message appearing on the pc
I think I didn't ask propertly
But thanks for your response

Reply 4 of 5, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

?

remove the hard disk controller as well .

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port