VOGONS

First post, by jewesta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all!

I have a question: Is it considered rude to ask for a floppy image if I have the original game but the disk is broken? I want to stress that this is not a warez request, I just want to add a working disc to the set I already own. I have here the Kixx XL (budget) big box version of King’s Quest III. Unfortunately it must have been stored in a moist environment. Because although it all looks relatively good on the outside the disk is in a sorry state. I tried everything but it is too far gone. There are visual defects on the surface and careful cleaning etc. didn’t help. One can see a rusty silhouette of the disc on the manual as well.

There are plenty of images on archive.org from the original releases but I couldn’t find one of the Kixx XL release. Maybe I just didn’t see it.

It would be great if someone could help me out.

Thanks!

Jens

Attachments

Reply 3 of 3, by clb

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh very sorry for my blind reading.

Before posting, I went to archive.org to double check that KQ3 was archived there, but did not realize that you were specifically looking for the Kixx XL version. My bad!

Do you know if there are any actual changes to the data in this version? Possibly Kixx XL just reshipped the same bits that already were there in earlier releases?