VOGONS

First post, by yourepicfailure

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Few days ago I decided to see about getting some old Dauphin tablet working.
It works quite well, actually. Especially after I found the Chips & Technology 69000 VGA driver.

dauphin.jpg
Filename
dauphin.jpg
File size
1.9 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

But now I've run into an issue: the digitizer. I can't find the drivers! I found one "possible" driver for Win3x, but nothing past that. I also tried this "Vti32f" which also doesn't work. I tried all of its available device types.
The stylus itself works: I can adjust the contrast, brightness and throw it into suspend by tapping on the left. I also see it's serial connected on COM2, since I can connect to it on terminal, bring the pen to the screen and see stuff spit out in the session. I've also tried different OS such as Windows 98SE, 95, 2000 and NT4 to try out different drivers I've found online to no avail.

The only clue I have for the digitizer is that its brand is Kurta. This was from a hunch by looking up the numbers and letters on the stylus, "FCC ID DMA-KCP4-5."
Would anyone who may have a similar Dauphin tablet have some Kurta 9x and/or NT drivers? Or even know where to find them?

Last edited by yourepicfailure on 2022-05-18, 00:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by yourepicfailure

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So it appears the drivers were once available here

http://web.archive.org/web/19991012224407/htt … rt/drivers.html

But they weren't actually archived. Well it looks like unless someone has a device with the software, I suppose I'm out of luck.
Unless I can figure out the information sent over serial, but that hasn't been working out well.

Reply 2 of 3, by yourepicfailure

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Special thank you to Sev80 who has one (unfornately not functional). This unit was luckily upgraded from its original Dos6+Win31 config to Windows 98, and as such carried almost all of the drivers for Windows 98 on its hard drive.

dauphin.jpg
Filename
dauphin.jpg
File size
52.19 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

For anyone who may get an Orasis in the future, I will leave a copy of the drivers for 98 here. It has everything except for the bayswap driver.
https://mega.nz/file/XfQkkCyQ#N32BrcmNqQ64pPv … _JR4gywGdi9iM5Q