VOGONS

First post, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i have an optical intellimouse 1.1 (scroll wheel, side buttons) and wanted to use the side buttons in W98se.

installing intellipoint 4.1 is fine, selecting the device is fine, the side buttons allow me to go back/forward in pages and windows in explorer, which is what i wanted.

the problem now is that the cursor input is absolutely crap. each time i make a quick movement above a certain speed, the cursor will either skip around or even sometimes reverse its direction. at slow speeds, it is fine. the hardware is definitely not the issue, nor is the PS/2 port the problem.

before installing the software, input was fine. after uninstalling the intellipoint software, it's all fine again. but i don't have the side button functionality.

are there other ways to get the side buttons working as forward/back in W98se? I tried Intellipoint 3 but doesnt have these mice as options, seems to not be new enough. thanks

Reply 1 of 2, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Firstly you could try Intellipoint 4.12 (instead of 4 1) .

Secondly you can use "Kensington MouseWorks Software Version 6.11" as 1:1 sunstitute, see:
https://msfn.org/board/topic/105936-last-vers … &comment=704523

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾