VOGONS

First post, by BoredFish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to do a clean install of windows 95 on a toshiba satellite pro 430CDT, but it's not going too well. I don't have a working floppy drive, a new one is on the way, but in the meantime I installed MS-DOS 7.1 using a different computer on a CF to IDE adapter, and that's working fine. I burned a CD of windows 95 OSR2 Plus from REMOVED, and started the setup from DOS. I get pretty far, until when it gets to where I want to install windows. I select C:\WINDOWS, and hit next. The second it "checks" my hard disk, it spits out "Application Error- SUWIN caused a Page Fault in module KRNL386.EXE at 0001:3D90". I've adjusted MANY settings in bios that should affect things, like I turned off ECP for the parallel port, and I tried disabling CPU cache on a whim, but no difference. The CD drive is a known working unit, and I've tried transferring the setup files to the hard disk, but no dice. but I don't know what else it could be. I use this image REMOVED (the last image).

EDIT: Welp, of course the second I post this it starts working. I guess it was because I skipped scandisk, because I tried it again with scandisk and it worked fine.