VOGONS

First post, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I want to try accessing a network share from Windows ME, but I can't figure out how to enable the network login dialog to appear when my computer starts up to enter my credentials.

I have "Client for Microsoft Networks" as the Primary Network Login and the Client for Microsoft Networks component is installed. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling this component, but no login prompt appeared after reboot.

Why am I not seeing this login prompt?

Reply 1 of 3, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kahenraz wrote on 2022-10-18, 17:59:

I want to try accessing a network share from Windows ME, but I can't figure out how to enable the network login dialog to appear when my computer starts up to enter my credentials.

I have "Client for Microsoft Networks" as the Primary Network Login and the Client for Microsoft Networks component is installed. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling this component, but no login prompt appeared after reboot.

Why am I not seeing this login prompt?

This might help https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000131.htm

Reply 3 of 3, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yah, it's MS NT Domain thing I think so only does it for their own protocols. I are not terribly expert on all that though, I try reading up and my brain goes to sleep in the intro when it's describing what a network is and OSI white and the seven dwarves layers ... then it wakes up in the middle of a hell of a lot of back slashes and outlook server shit and domain controllers and I can never find the bit in the middle where it seems to switch from basic network theory to what the hell Microsoft actually does.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.