VOGONS

First post, by jforrest1980

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally found an IDE DVD drive locally for $3.00 at a thrift store. Got excited to finally try out Claw. Install went fine. Started game and started seeing an intro. Thought I was good. Then screen goes black and I hear music. Nothing seems to happen. If I press a button game closes with no warning or error message. Before starting the game you get a notification that if the cutscenes refuse to play, then to change the resolution. Can't get into the game to change the resolution. In the readme is a file that says if the game installs OK, but refuses to play correctly, then to check disable direct draw. If I do that the game boots directly to a frozen black screen that is impossible to get out of without powering off my pc manually.

I have the silver disc version of Claw. It comes with v1.2 on the disc. I decided to try to install v1.3 patch to see if that helps. Appears not to. I have another patch v1.4.4.4 CrazyHook patch, but reading over the Claw website it appears to be fore modern Windows only?

I'm running Win98SE and a Voodoo 3 3000. Pentium III 600mHz. All my components are up to date. Card supports DirectX 5 (needed to run Claw), and I have a higher version of DirectX installed already.