VOGONS

First post, by theiceman085

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi there with my first retro system arriving on monday

I will get a Asus P2b with a Pentium 2 (400mhz) and a Riva TN2 (card is going to replaced with something better eventually)

I started shopping around for some games to enjoy.

Half-Life is of the games I wanted to enjoy. the Original boxed version of Half Life costs a fortune so I am not considering it seriously but Half-Life Generation would be much cheaper to obtain.

But is Half Life Generation really the original Half Life plus Opposing Force and Counter Strike?

I already own the updated versions of all Half Life games on steam but for my retro rig I want the pristine versions of Half-Life plus addons.

Reply 2 of 4, by theiceman085

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kolderman wrote on 2023-06-09, 08:33:

There are several editions of it, but yes it's the real thing.

https://half-life.fandom.com/wiki/Half-Life:_Generation

Thanks for the info. Yes, the fact there are several editions confused me and that's why I wanted to ask here. I do not want to buy the better graphics edition accidentally I already have on Steam.

I also need to be careful not to grab the heavily censored german version accidentally.

Reply 4 of 4, by theiceman085

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
The Serpent Rider wrote on 2023-06-09, 09:22:

Half-Life Platinum also works.

I see thx for the info. Always good to know that are also other alternative versions left.

The Platinum collection is even better than the Generation collection. In the platinum collection, Half Life Blue Shift is included as well and not only Opposing Force.