VOGONS

First post, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

If got here a lovely Sony Vaio PCV-RX402 from 2002.
unfortunately the previous owner has tinkered with the software and the Software or restore disks are lost.
I would like to do a clean install of Windows XP but need now the Sony software for the special Video-features.
(The drivers shouldn't be the problem)

Wayback machine didn't produce any results for this modell (the software is somehow dongled to the specific Bios)
and even on eBay there is no match.

Does anyone have the right disks or know where to DL images?

TNX, ildonaldo

01.jpg
Filename
01.jpg
File size
98.15 KiB
Views
File comment
Sony Vaio PCV-RX402
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 1 of 4, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anybody out there? 😉

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 2 of 4, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For Sony Vaio models you are stuck with having to get the restore CD to bring back the Sony software. As far as I know Sony never offered most of it for download on the web.

I take it you have checked archive.org?

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 3 of 4, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote on 2023-11-29, 17:42:

... take it you have checked archive.org?

Jepp, Wayback machine (archive.org) didn't produce any feasible results 😀
neither did eBay (global) ...

There are some images available for DL but only for different models.

Reply 4 of 4, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No serious reply so far - anybody out there? 😉