VOGONS

First post, by caiot5

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys, I'm not exactly new here but I have posted only a few times to the forum.
I run a small Brazilian YT channel regarding old hardware and about two years ago I started a project to run a classic ICQ server 24/7, compatible with the classic OSCAR protocol.
Well, it's been running for more than 500 days as of now and if anyone would like to connect to it for the nostalgia sake, you would just have to download a classic version of ICQ (I recommend 98a, 99a or 99b because it makes ease for you to change the server host) and then, if you're using 98a/99a/99b you should just click on "For admin use" and change login.icq.com to icq.byte5.com.br , then you're good to go. You can register like through the ICQ client you would normally do back then.
If someone would like a specific UIN (like the one you used to use at the time) please send me a PM and then I can create it for you.
P.S to Moderation: If it is not permitted to 'advertise' non-profit nostalgia here, I deeply apologize and you can, of course delete my post. I am just willing to share nostalgia with some other crazy folks like myself.