VOGONS

First post, by Quantum32b

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hallo world

I'm from Germany, owner of several Volkswagen Cars. From Bavaria, Augsburg some Augusts..
August 32b right now. But now i think WE are in the USA?
Here Quantum 32B, best Car.. worldwide..

But OK lets Go..

20 years ago i was a child Office 2000, GTA, Diablo etc..
Pentium 3 Asus Board apollo chipset, 512 MB of RAM.
Games Like Mafia and Sims runs great.
But with GTA 3 i Got some Trouble..
I Play 15 minutes and the Game freeze. No Reaktion, only hard reset.
With newer driver Same, but after 2 minutes IT Response with Error and terminate.

I have No Log, No Code.
But this fault are responsible on other Hardware AMD Athlon with nfirce 2 Same result.
But Here i got a Message "12 MB Minimum Grafik Adapter". I have 128, 64. GeForce 2, 3, 4..
All the Same Error..

Driver:
41.**
44.**
71,**

DirectX 8, a,b and 9..

Same Salut. After a few Minute The Game terminate. I will Show my child old PC .

Thank you .
I'm better mechanic then a engineer.. of course i'm electric engineer 🙄😂..

Reply 1 of 4, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Welcome to the forum. It seems that there is a bit of a language barrier, but if I understand correctly, you've only had this issue with GTA3, and you've had it with two different motherboards and several different video cards. I'm assuming that you're using Windows 98. I have no experience with GTA 3, but I can see that there are game patches available, and this sounds like the sort of issue that might be solved by a game patch, especially since the other games you've tried worked as expected. Have you tried any patches for GTA3?

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 2 of 4, by Quantum32b

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, of course
I have installed a patch version 1.1. I tried with kernel ex and the error was there too.

yes two different boards.. old athlon socket 462. nforce 2 chipset, 1gb ram.

the other is my PC from 2000.
Pentium 3 1GHz, 1GB RAM, VIA chipset.

windows 98se with service pack, directx 8.2 (works fine for me).

Back in 2002 I tried Windows XP but it never worked well.

Reply 3 of 4, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

My one experience with the "Windows 98 Service Pack" wasn't good, so I've not installed it again. In this case, it adds another complication. Do you have a spare hard drive that you could install and try a clean installation of Win98 on that?

One other thing that occurs to me is that is a late 2001 game, so that might be pretty hard on a Pentium 3?

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey