VOGONS

First post, by VenomSpark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi all 😀

Sorry if is wrong section, my apologies in case.

Will be fast: i was playing the original (GoldSrc edition, from the CD) Half-Life 1 on my W98 PC with a SiS Mirage Real256E integrated GPU.

Game runs fast and clean, only problem is both in OpenGL and Direct3D rendering, there is no texture filter and looks really awful.

Don't really care much about antialiasing, but it looks like the texture filter is even below bilinear and looks very bad, like after 30cm on the ground is all blurry. There is any way to enable it, like any console or command to put on the .exe file?

Sadly, the driver panel of this iGPU is one of the worst evere seen under W98: you can basically change only the colors and brightness of the screen. Literally zero graphic options, no vsync, no AA, no AF, nothing.

Thanks for any help!

Reply 2 of 4, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SIS has some strange cluster filtering for multitextured surfaces that kicks in at certain resolutions and there's nothing you can really do about it (than maybe changing the res or hex'ing out a multitexture extension). It's very obvious on lightmaps.

Sombrero wrote on 2024-02-23, 05:09:

Create a file called autoexec.cfg in your Half-Life installation folder and add this to it:

gl_ansio 16

there is no gl_aniso on retail half-life

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 4, by Sombrero

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote on 2024-02-23, 05:20:

there is no gl_aniso on retail half-life

Welp. I had that on my notes I made years ago, looks like I either read about commands for the Steam release without realizing or just happened on someone who also wasn't aware it doesn't work on retail.