VOGONS

First post, by Joker-2d-Thief

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! I'm a New Member here who needs your Help...

I am using Creative Sound Blaster X-FI MB-3 software suite that came bundled with my Gigabyte H170 Gaming-3 motherboard. The board has Realtek ALC-1150 HD Audio Codec...
I'm using Logitech Z-506 5.1 External Speakers on Analog Connection...
I intend to play Modern FPS games like Call Of Duty, Battlefield etc. So I need some Good Sound Positioning for Directional Audio....

What should be the settings in the SB XFI software for Gaming Audio...? There are sliders for Crystalizer, Surround, Dialog Plus, Smart Volume etc....
And about the option SBX Pro Surround...
Is it Actually Required for External 5.1 Speakers during gaming or is it meant for Virtual Surround with Headphones Only...?
Do I leave it ON/OFF to get some Decent Directional Sound through my speakers in Modern Games...?

Thank You....

STILL Living In The Milky Way...! 😢 😕 😒

Reply 1 of 2, by fitzpatr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I think that the only thing that you'd need to play around with is the OpenAL application. As long as the game is configured properly, it SHOULD work with surround sound. Make sure that your Audio Properties specify the correct number of speakers.

MT-32 Old, CM-32L, CM-500, SC-55mkII, SC-88Pro, SC-D70, FB-01, MU2000EX
K6-III+/450/GA-5AX/G400 Max/Voodoo2 SLI/CT1750/MPU-401AT/Audigy 2ZS
486 Build

Reply 2 of 2, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seeing you have analogue 5.1 speakers, there isn't anything that needs changing. Make sure speaker option is set to 5.1. Sbx pro doesn't need to be enabled.

YouTube, Facebook, Website