VOGONS

First post, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I want to please all SB fans, I made a clone of the CT 1350 card, soon the boards will come to me, a test batch will be made and after that I will sell KIT for assembly. I did not pursue the goal of an exact copy of SB2, I want this board to be cheap, within 50 USD, so that many can hear the sound of SB. All these boards will be available for sale in my store.

Last edited by kompas-rus on 2020-01-04, 11:40. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 8, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
imi wrote:

nice! 😀
I assume this version wont be needing negative 5V?

Friend, I tried to stick to the original scheme, I wanted it to look like an original board. But I don’t see a problem to make a modification of the board later, but it will be later.

Reply 4 of 8, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
suntac wrote:

Nice work! What about the CT1336(A) IC?

Friend, everything is fine, now only 2 sets are available, but later it will be in any quantity. All new. I hope to sell about 20 pieces to cover the costs of this development, I had to buy SB2 for 120USD to break the board.

QQ-20191005112526-1.jpg

Reply 5 of 8, by suntac

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

I got the PCB from you, populated it with components, but the card was dead as a doornail.
The SB DSP autodetection wasn't working at all, the OPL2 couldn't be written to, and the analog audio path was broken.
After a few hours (well?) spent, here are the much needed fixes. The first two missing connections are in the top layer, marked with bright red, the third one is in the bottom layer, marked with blue.

fixes.jpg
Filename
fixes.jpg
File size
138.83 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Cheers,
Rado

Reply 7 of 8, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Now that is looking neat! Did your three patches get it to work?
Seeing the PCB a couple of days ago (or was it weeks already), I was actually considering getting it also, but dreaded having to figure out all components without an SB2 to start from 😁