VOGONS

First post, by skel2raw

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey guys,

After several hours I finally managed to properly install and run my GUS PnP in my 486 retro build. Now I am trying to install my Turtle Beach Tropez Plus additionally for all the games that do not work with the GUS PnP.

The issues I am having: After installing the Tropez Plus dos/win3.x drivers the setup program somehow screwed up windows and also the card is nor properly initializing. When I start windows I get several file related errors.

Questions: Is it even possible to run 2 PnP sound cards in one system? How do I need to setup the cards so that both work without screwing my Dos/Win3.x installation?

Thx!

Reply 1 of 1, by skel2raw

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I pluged the Tropez Plus into my pentium build and figured there are no resource conflicts on that machine. Putting the Tropez Plus back into my 486 I am struggling to find out which hardware exactly is causing the resource conflict. I already took out the GUS PnP, my MPU 401 card, the network card. The only things left are the VLB GPU and VLB Promise EIDE 2300 Plus controller.

Can the EIDE controller cause a resource conflict with a sound card??
Is there an easy way to see which hardware parts are trying to use the same resources?