VOGONS

First post, by synrgy87

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can Anyone help with the drivers for this sound card?

I'd like to get it running in DOS but having trouble getting the drivers to install properly.

From what i can gather it's a Sound Galaxy Pro 16 II AZT1605 + AD1845XP + YMF262-M

When I try to install the drivers (downloaded from vogons drivers) The installer runs, it creates the folders on C: Drive and sets the blaster and galaxy settings in Autoexec.bat, but it doesn't copy any files to the folders that it creates.
Does anyone have the correct / working / already unpacked driver files for this?

System specs:
Pentium 120
SKT 7 AMPTRON 7900A
Cirrus Logic PCI GD5445
32mb EDO RAM

Have tried these:
https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fil … =82&menustate=0

And the same ones from
https://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fil … 788&menustate=0

Reply 1 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I ran the Windows setup.exe in a Windows 98 SE VM and zipped the folder it created .

Attachments

• Filename
    SGP16II.zip
    File size
    1.25 MiB
    Downloads
    62 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 4, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
synrgy87 wrote on 2020-05-07, 03:24:
darry wrote on 2020-05-06, 19:43:

I ran the Windows setup.exe in a Windows 98 SE VM and zipped the folder it created .

Thanks, much appreciated, I didn't think of trying that.

Happy to help. Let us know if it works .

Reply 4 of 4, by synrgy87

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
darry wrote on 2020-05-07, 04:12:
synrgy87 wrote on 2020-05-07, 03:24:
darry wrote on 2020-05-06, 19:43:

Thanks, much appreciated, I didn't think of trying that.

Happy to help. Let us know if it works .

Tested now and working, seems some games can't detect the card but so far only MK Trilogy has had that problem, although that can be set to MSS/Windows sound system which works anyway.
Seems i also had a loose jumper which is used to switch between "software settings" and "eeprom settings" swapped with a more secure jumper, don't know if that was causing some lockup issues which seem to be gone now
also for good measure i threw in the "D=64" option for emm386 in config.sys as mentioned in the readme. Need to test more games, but so far it's a good sounding card.

Tested so far:
Duke 3d
Rise of the Triad
Doom (The ultimate DOOM")
Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Use MSS option

If it works with Desert Strike, Duke Nukem II, Overkill and some others it may just have found it's home.

Seems to allow MSS and SB to be enabled at the same time whereas other cards need to be switched between the two and a reboot.