Reply 100 of 103, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dreamblaster wrote on 2021-05-15, 22:19:

ok i create a different thread for this MP32L -> MP32-Lite
This will be ready faster than the full blown MP32

I personally think that a midi synth controlled by the Pi when the Pi is already being used as an external CPU to control that is a bit overkill, so the MP32-Lite might be better now that the MT-32pi project is so functional. There have been a couple of MT-32pi hats but nothing made on a large enough scale to allow everyone to get one. Check out the "Mister FPGA MT-32 PI " though, that's similar to the MP32-lite but tailored to the MISTer's requirements. The screen on it is pretty nice and the use of a PCB as a facia seems very efficient.

One other thing that's bothered me for a while is that you're using a ribbon cable when the daughterboard could just be upside down. Originally my reason was that it blocked the HDMI port, but my design blocks off both the USB/Ethernet & HDMI ports, so I suppose it's more from tidiness perspective now 😀

Reply 101 of 103, by arthur071169

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can you please post the link to the new thread when it is started?
I think the idea of a working HAT solution to allow us to have something that works is a fantastic starting point.

😀

Reply 103 of 103, by Ghouli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Been following this topic for years, and although MP32L and WP32 McCake are cool products, I'm still hoping for this to come out. It this still in the works?