VOGONS

First post, by Ice Cream Jonsey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I feel like I am missing something obvious with Capamod and there does not seem to be a better place to ask this question. 😀

I am have a directory of chiptunes and I am trying to get Capamod to play through all of them in random order. I think I see how to build a "module" just fine - I am able to navigate to the directory with the songs and pressing the space bar does add them to a list. I am able to toggle random mode on with Alt-R.

The on-screen instructions state that "Shift-Enter" will play the list. When I do that, it only loops on one song. I can't for the life of me find any sort of documentation on what I might be doing wrong. Is there some trick to get it to play through a list in random order?

Reply 1 of 3, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

CapaMod loops modules "forever" by default, even with a playlist. You can specify the number of loops with a command line option, as mentioned in the documentation: CMOD /LOP0 (for zero loops)

Reply 2 of 3, by Ice Cream Jonsey

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ripsaw8080 wrote on 2024-05-10, 04:35:

CapaMod loops modules "forever" by default, even with a playlist. You can specify the number of loops with a command line option, as mentioned in the documentation: CMOD /LOP0 (for zero loops)

That is fine, but I can't get it to play the second song in a module. I add a bunch of songs to the module, hit Shift-Enter to start, and then it just loops the very first song it plays. That is the part I don't know how to adjust, how to get it to play all the songs in the module and then loop. I am also on 3.13, so I am going to try the next version up to see if there are any changes with the UI to make the process more clear.

Edit: Wait, unless the command line argument is exactly what I need. So I will try that - thanks 😀