VOGONS

Reply 40 of 46, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
boxpressed wrote on 2020-04-05, 14:26:
CHiLL72 wrote on 2020-04-05, 07:27:

Just read these posts and I have a boxed Turtle Beach Pinnacle, but I'm not sure if everything is still there. I'll see if I can dig it out and see if there's a code you can use.

Thank you! The number is on the product registration card, if you have one.

Found it!
I'll send it to you in a PM first, so you may try it.

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 41 of 46, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CHiLL72 wrote on 2020-04-05, 18:13:

I'll send it to you in a PM first, so you may try it.

Just wanted to thank CHiLL72 publicly for his effort. Unfortunately, the code didn't work because it went with the CD-ROM accompanying the Pinnacle Pro Studio package and not the one that came with the regular Pinnacle card. This code I need looks something like this: PIN200-XXX-XXX-002.

Reply 42 of 46, by skel2raw

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

By the way: If anyone is looking for the Montego II, there is a dealer on eBay who has a couple of these sound cards new in blister for sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-TURTLE-BE … mMAAOSwdxJaqViW

Reply 43 of 46, by sfg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
GiSWiG wrote on 2017-03-07, 14:00:

I was able to pickup a single Montego II card for $5 yesterday and it works. Not sure if it was the real one or one that came with a Dell but it matches the pictures.

What's the difference between the real and the Dell one? Is the one from Dell worse in some ways?
Any way to tell them apart?

Reply 44 of 46, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sfg wrote on 2023-03-27, 11:31:
GiSWiG wrote on 2017-03-07, 14:00:

I was able to pickup a single Montego II card for $5 yesterday and it works. Not sure if it was the real one or one that came with a Dell but it matches the pictures.

What's the difference between the real and the Dell one? Is the one from Dell worse in some ways?
Any way to tell them apart?

it's probably the exact same thing without the Turtle Beach logos printed on the PCB, I had an OEM Montego II that came in a plastic blister packaging together with manual and CD, just without the carboard box. It was the exact same card, it even had the TB part number and logo in the back.

Trailing edge computing.