VOGONS

First post, by phunqe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

A question from the "I like punishing myself soldering" part of the retro dungeon...

I am going to put new electrolytic capacitors on a MT-32 and a LAPC-I card (probably also a MPU-401AT card) and I was wondering if anyone knows of a forum (or even here for that matter) where someone might have posted or created a list of various components on old Roland hardware?
Obviously I can check the components directly, but having a list would make it clearly easier, also to be sure I get the right ones. I've tried finding circuit schematics, but other than schematics for things like breakout boxes etc I can't find any (probably due to copyright).

Cheers.

Reply 2 of 2, by phunqe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah I saw that thread, thanks.

The problem I have is that I'm somewhat (or really) anal when it comes to these things. I know they are old and I know I can change them. If I actually need to is clearly another matter 😜
But ye, if possible I'd like to be prepared, but when I've done everything else I need to do I might be fed up for the moment so I might end up waiting with it for at least a little while 😀