VOGONS

OPL2LPT

Topic actions

Reply 540 of 547, by X3NoMoRPH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi !!! recently a friend made me an OPL2LPT, and I am testing it in a minipc with FreeDOS, v1.3, that uses the JEMM memory manager, then:

adlipt JLOAD JADLIPT.DLL

¿ this command does not work, it is as if it does not exist ? , what's wrong ?
thx 😀

EDIT: I have used EMM386.exe memory manager, I have already solved it that way.

Reply 541 of 547, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Glad you found an alternative solution, X3NoMoRPH!

But I think you should have left out `adlipt` in the command you tried. So my guess is that the command `JLOAD JADLIPT.DLL` would probably have worked, provided that JLOAD (part of Jemm) was in the path, and you were currently in the adlipt directory containing that DLL file.

Reply 542 of 547, by X3NoMoRPH

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
digger wrote on 2021-10-09, 09:02:

Glad you found an alternative solution, X3NoMoRPH!

But I think you should have left out `adlipt` in the command you tried. So my guess is that the command `JLOAD JADLIPT.DLL` would probably have worked, provided that JLOAD (part of Jemm) was in the path, and you were currently in the adlipt directory containing that DLL file.

Ahhhhh ... I didn't know that "Jload" is part of JEMM, okay I was going crazy about it, thanks.

Reply 543 of 547, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

200lx_lpt.jpg

Here are a couple of versions of Koei's FM sound/music driver that I've patched for use with an OPL3LPT at 0x378.

fmdrv310.zip - OPL-II Sound Driver Version 3.10

• Known compatible with the following:
    • L'Empereur
    • Gemfire
    • Liberty or Death
    • Romance of the Three Kingdoms II
    • Uncharted Waters

fmdrv311.zip - OPL-II Sound Driver Version 3.11

• Nobunaga's Ambition - Tales of the Conquerors (信長の野望・覇王伝)
    • Romance of the Three Kingdoms III - Dragon of Destiny
    • Uncharted Waters - New Horizons

fmdrv100.zip - Sound Blaster BGM Driver Version 1.00

• Genpei War (源平合戦)
    • Nobunaga's Ambition - Chronicles of the Ascension (信長の野望・天翔記) (Rename the driver to SBOPL2.COM)

I suspect that these modified drivers will not work correctly with an OPL2LPT due to the greater write-delay requirements of the OPL2. I'd certainly welcome confirmation from anyone with one of those devices.

Last edited by Stiletto on 2022-01-14, 03:24. Edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restoring revision 67833

Reply 544 of 547, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here is a set of drivers for Zeliard that have been patched for use with either the OPL2LPT or OPL3LPT at 0x378.

Last edited by Stiletto on 2022-01-14, 03:25. Edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restoring revision 67834

Reply 545 of 547, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here are executables for Eye of the Beholder I and II that have been patched for use with an OPL3LPT at 0x378.

Last edited by Stiletto on 2022-01-14, 03:25. Edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restoring revision 67835

Reply 546 of 547, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is not possible to upload all these fixes to some united OPLxLPT online repository?

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 547 of 547, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was wondering: instead of hard-coding it, how hard would it be to make the I/O base port dynamic in some (or all?) of these patches?

Perhaps by obtaining it from the BIOS Data Area (which would be 0040h:0008h for LPT1)?

That would allow it to work, regardless of whether LPT1 is located at 0x3BC or 0x378. Also, it would allow for the creation of a utility that could look up the non-standard base port of a PCI Express LPT card and update the BIOS Data Area accordingly. One could then load that utility before starting a patched game.

Crazy idea?