VOGONS

First post, by jcarvalho

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all, can someone make an image of the install disks of this card ? I have one but no disks only the card. I need the install disks for DOS...
Many thanks to all!
Jorge

Reply 1 of 7, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Fresh upload to VogonsDrivers:
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1103

(I did not test this, as I do not have this card.)

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 2 of 7, by jcarvalho

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks! I think that the package is incomplete, according to page 14 of the user manual, we should have a file named NUSDCFG that allows the MS-DOS configuration. May be it will be created after runing one of the files that you have uploaded.
Thanks!!!

Reply 3 of 7, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good point. I looked it up and it seems the files I had stored come from a package named 'nuw95-11.exe'. And I added the PDF manual to it. CS4232C.EXE is a DOS driver, but I was already wondering how that would be sufficient to initialize the synthesizer part of the card. I think the file you mentioned is required for that...

Maybe ask kylix?
If you ever get them please let me know.

Reply 4 of 7, by jcarvalho

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

-I have sent a PM but no answer. I didnt login since 2017-09-10
Asked to my friend spcorreia that sold to him the card for the backup disks, but no luck... He thinks that already deleted from HD

Reply 6 of 7, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
33oldnew wrote:

It is the same, unfortunately.

If all else fails I think you have a good chance of activating the midi synthesizer by connecting a wire from the Waveblaster-midi-pin to CS9233-pin-92. That way the synth is driven by the CS4232 MPU-401 instead of its own. I did this before with the Terratec Maestro 32/96 card. (On the Terratec Pin 91 and 92 are directly exposed with a pin header.)

Of course it would be best if there was a DOS tool to use the CS9233's MPU-401 directly, regardless of card model...

Attachments

• CS9233.png
    Filename
    CS9233.png
    File size
    13.33 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 7, by jcarvalho

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi all! Thanks for the tips 😀
I got the card working under dos using this: Crystal ISA Audio Drivers for DOS/Windows + Extras from vogonsdrivers
driver to use CWD-v180-1997 dos-latest
In W98SE the installation is automatic
Overall nice sound card 😀 very happy with it