VOGONS

First post, by Cizkaro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looking for any tips anyone has on using the IDE interface on a ct2950 to run a matsushita 8x cd drive. None of the sb16 installers ive found have any kind of IDE driver. I am at a loss of how to get this IDE interface to work with this CD drive. Any help would be appreciated!

Reply 1 of 2, by CkRtech

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Matsushita? Are you sure that drive wasn't using the Panasonic interface? I want to say that interface was practically gone around the time of 4x drives, but I can't quite remember.

Meanwhile, CT2950 is full plug and play, right? (IDE interface in addition to the PnP Sound settings) In this case, you'll need to make sure the resources are allocated on your card in addition to using a CD-ROM driver (such as SBIDE.SYS) with the matching resource settings.

Displaced Gamers (YouTube) - DOS Gaming Aspect Ratio - 320x200 || The History of 240p || Dithering on the Sega Genesis with Composite Video

Reply 2 of 2, by Cizkaro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
CkRtech wrote:

Matsushita? Are you sure that drive wasn't using the Panasonic interface? I want to say that interface was practically gone around the time of 4x drives, but I can't quite remember.

Meanwhile, CT2950 is full plug and play, right? (IDE interface in addition to the PnP Sound settings) In this case, you'll need to make sure the resources are allocated on your card in addition to using a CD-ROM driver (such as SBIDE.SYS) with the matching resource settings.

AH YES! SBIDE.sys is what I am looking for! Thank you for jogging my brain! And yes the 2950 is PnP. Thanks again for the info, I have it working now after digging around for sbide.sys since its not included in the sb16 setup.