VOGONS

Reply 260 of 268, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Tiido wrote on 2021-01-30, 02:16:

I'll make fuzz about it when there actually is something tangible, and it'll take a while longer to achieve 🤣

Wherever your ideas take you, I am certain there will be people interested . I wish you the best of luck in both the design phase and eventual production . I hope to be among those lucky enough to acquire one of your sound cards, though I am running out of potential PCs to install them in (I should be able to fix that easily enough in the next few months).

Cheers!

Reply 261 of 268, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is probably neither here nor there but I've noticed that SETYMF doesn't configure the MPU401 on my Labway YMF718 (Audician) card in a way that some games can use it. It works with a most games, but Nascar and Descent 2 claim that they can't find it. I've tried different ports (300, 330) and different IRQ / DMA configs, they just won't find it for some reason.

If I use SETUPSA or unisound with the same card then those games work fine - I also tried another generic YMF719 based card and it was the same deal.

I'm not complaining, just thought it might be of interest!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 262 of 268, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thänk you for the report, I will have to investigate.

The FPGA card will take year(s) to materialize, there will be plenty of time to get new computers 🤣. I don't have any intention of having limited amount of stuff available but sometimes life and/or wallet set limits. Lack of ancient parts will help a lot because i won't need to dig some chinese sources to get anything but just place an order at some big distributor and not have to worry one more bit, and everything necessary arrives a week later, ready for assembly.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 263 of 268, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just stumbled upon this, can I buy this card? And how much? Building a Socket 4 Overdrive soon and need something to go with the Aureal Vortex I plan on using.

My Wishlist!
MIcro ATX 486 Project
Twitter

Reply 264 of 268, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The card cannot be bought yet, there are some unrelated things still in the way of things. Cost will be something near 100€

Reply 265 of 268, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tiido wrote on 2021-04-14, 05:45:

The card cannot be bought yet, there are some unrelated things still in the way of things. Cost will be something near 100€

At least that's more affordable than Orpheus. It'll be up to a month anyway

My Wishlist!
MIcro ATX 486 Project
Twitter

Reply 267 of 268, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, just like with almost every other sound card that has gameport that has no extra MIDI connectors. I have a gameport MIDI cable that has extra DB15 connector for connecting a gamepad/joystick in addition to two DINs.

Reply 268 of 268, by Velociraptor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I wasn't sure if you'd done something like the Orpheus with a separate jack.

The reason I ask is I have MIDI breakout cables with a joystick pass through and they've not bothered soldering them. So if I'm going to buy your wonderful card for my 386, and it had a separate MIDI out I could be lazy and not do it!