VOGONS

First post, by cabezonnor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys.

Recently I build my first Retro Gaming Rig.

- Athlon XP 1600+
- 256 MB RAM
- 40 + 20 GB IDE HDD Seagate
- MSI KT4V MB
- MSI Starforce 822 (Geforce 3 64 MB)
- Soundblaster Live! 5.1
- Windows 98 SE

After a lot of tweaking the system runs flawless but i always wanted a soundcard front panel. I don't know why but it looks awesome.
I've search a lot and i was unable to find a SB LiveDrive to match my SB Live, and instead i got an Audigy with the Front Panel and it looks the same to the LiveDrive IR.

My first thought was install the audigy and the front panel, but the audigy lack the gameport and i use a joystick a lot.

So, my question is, can i use the front panel from the audigy with my soundblaster live? The AUD_EXT connection looks the same.

Again, thanks a lot guys. Any information it will be great and sorry for my poor english i'm from Chile.

AMD Athlon XP 1600+ 1400mhz / MSI KT2 VIA VT8366A / 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM / Nvidia Geforce 3 / Soundblaster Live! / SB Audigy front panel / SONY SDM-S71 17" LCD / Win 98 SE

Reply 1 of 2, by PARUS

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It not only looks the same, it has totally the same pinout and should work!
The Audigy2 has another pinouts, X-Fi has a same pinouts like Audigy2.

If you've lost a separate cable with gameport connector for Audigy you can find it on ebay for example. I think it's much better to use Audigy than Live.
And you can connect 5'25 Audigy module to Live card, and 5'25 Live module to Audigy card of course too.

Reply 2 of 2, by cabezonnor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Parus. I hooked uthe module and after a couple of fails i could manage to get the thing work.

AMD Athlon XP 1600+ 1400mhz / MSI KT2 VIA VT8366A / 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM / Nvidia Geforce 3 / Soundblaster Live! / SB Audigy front panel / SONY SDM-S71 17" LCD / Win 98 SE