VOGONS

Reply 40 of 41, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm currently doing a game of simons the sorcerer and wanted to try it with the x2 on an awe32 using softmpu. So I went to this thread for some information.

I setup softmpu 1.91 and used dosmid to load the MT32EMUL.MID Falcosoft suggested.

Unfortunately the Buran v0.9 bank I was using did not support that program 127 thing you are talking about. Vinyl scratch on the intro gave it away that there was something's fishy going on. So I wanted to try the GMBK5X128 2.03 you guys are talking about, but I was sad as I enjoy the Buran soundbank and since it fill the x2's ram it give a feeling of completion. So I was happy to notice he just released version 1.0 adding mt32 program change! It now sound delightful!

I wanted to try without the MT32EMUL.MID and see the difference. Maybe I was biased as it was very subtle but the music felt more integrated as a whole when I loaded MT32EMUL.MID but took me 4 reboot comparison to make sure it was so. I started my Simons 1 game using a mt32 and it dont seem to send any modification to the device, just start playing assuming it's in default state.

Reply 41 of 41, by ricardo.contieri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear all,

I hope this is not a dead post: any one with a good idea on how the X2GS could work with the original Prince of Persia? I tried the MT-32 version, but I got horns sounds when the caracter is jumpping...

Would that be the "final" result?

Thanks!