VOGONS

First post, by Doomn00b

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's well known that Windows 10 lacks a way to change the default midi-device - meaning that a lot of nice midi-things are simply all-out broken. For a while I've been using Coolsoft Midi-Mapper, to allow me to control my midi-devices, but something has gone wrong... Here's my original post over at Coolsoft's forum (I don't know how active the developer is over there, so I'm posting it here as well):

https://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/forum/post/4494#post4494

Hi there. […]
Show full quote

Hi there.

So, I've used Virtual MidiMapper for a while now, excellent program!

I'm having a lot of problems installing it on my current Windows-installation though, even though I've used the program previously, on the same computer-hardware, in Windows 10 as well.

Every time I try to install the program, the installer simply fails, shutting down without even an error-message. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Run installer in admin-mode. (no effect, same outcome)

2. Run installer in Win 8 compatibility-mode (no effect, same outcome)

3. Disable driver signature enforcement, then run the installer. (no effect, same outcome)

4. Run the installer in safe-mode (right-click admin as well) - produces this error:
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

5. Disable real-time protection in Antivirus (Avira) then run installer (no effect, same outcome)

6. Run chkdsk /f /r to see if I have any disk-errors (see #4) - ran it on both C: and F: (where the installer is located)
(no effect, same outcome)

7. Uninstall and reinstall VC++ Redist packages (see #4) (no effect, same outcome)
Am I missing an essential package here? Please, have a look at the screenshot.

8. Run process-monitor and see what might ail the installer - it has multiple "name not found" -errors, but I honestly
can't understand what they mean.

9. Ran it through Dependencies (equivalent to Dependency Walker) - it comes up as being something related to NTDLL.DLL?

Windows Sysinfo32 mentions errors with NTDLL.DLL as well, so that might be a clue of some kind.

If there is some further information you need, for us to solve this issue, then I am all the more willing to give it
to you - tell me what to do, and we will solve this.

Thank you for an excellent program which I hope to be able to use again soon.

I have included screenshots and log-files of various types in this post, to give detail on my account above.
(I have prepared a whole msinfo32 file if you deem it necessary, but I would prefer to hold out on that for a while)

Computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3 8100
GPU: nVidia GTX 1060 6gb
Audio: BEHRINGER UMC 404HD

I have also installed the added software from Behringer as well as Loop-Midi, in case those could cause conflicts.

Attachments

• fail-safe-error.png
    Filename
    fail-safe-error.png
    File size
    27.62 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    DxDiagnoob.txt
    File size
    92.72 KiB
    Downloads
    42 downloads
    File license
  • dep3.gif
    Filename
    dep3.gif
    File size
    119.37 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • dep2.gif
    Filename
    dep2.gif
    File size
    218.77 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • dep1.gif
    Filename
    dep1.gif
    File size
    214.64 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1 of 1, by Doomn00b

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Further information-files that may be helpful, as well as log-files from Process Monitor. (included in external link, since they are huge.)

PML-file:

https://ufile.io/8hk75kdp

XML-file:

https://ufile.io/gi79wopy

Attachments