sound blaster fatal1ty fps iso

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 31, by Robhalfordfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:

Yeah.. The Creative autoupdate I am pretty sure no longer works. It was really janky even when it was working.

creative auto update still works in xp and vista and 7

i manage to install the drivers (wdm drivers only) from disc from the driver folder in the audio folder, finding a way to install the rest because there is an error

Reply 21 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ah, ok. I stopped using it at some point because it would always try to re-install the same exact stuff that was already installed.

In any case there really isn't a use for it anymore as no newer stuff is going to be released for the old cards.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 23 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Even with the Vista CD? Is it just saying it can't find the card or what?

Edit: What is the part number on that card?

I'm seeing some say SB0460 and another SB0466 (mistype)?

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 24 of 31, by Robhalfordfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:

Even with the Vista CD? Is it just saying it can't find the card or what?

Edit: What is the part number on that card?

I'm seeing some say SB0460 and another SB0466 (mistype)?

i will look when i get home and post on here after work

The main setup doesnt detect the card but if go drivers folder in the audio folder and install from there, its sees the card and installs the wdm drivers and i get sound, just cant install the "bloatware" along with drivers but creative media source installs from main setup program along with creative autoupdate

Reply 26 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok.. so it was Creative doing their normal... use the same model number for different cards thing. Either the firmware is different or the firmware detects the slight differences in configuration and changes the ID that the setup program detects.

Pretty sure this is the same as your card - Fatyal1ty FPS SB0460

Fatal1ty FPS SB0460.jpg
Filename
Fatal1ty FPS SB0460.jpg
File size
1.78 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

And the XtremeMusic SB0460

XtremeMusic SB0460.jpg
Filename
XtremeMusic SB0460.jpg
File size
1.77 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The only differences I see are that the Fatal1ty FPS has the LED block and there is no jumper on the EXT header.

What happens if you unhook the front panel and install the jumper where it is on the XtremeMusic card? Does setup see it then?

I really should just install the Fatal1ty card I have in a test setup but since you already have one installed... and I don't have the front panel.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 27 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have an idea. It may be because of the Product Identification Module that is included with the Vista CD and the newer XP CD.

See if this one marked for Windows 7 will install in Vista. This was supposed to fix detection issues with Windows 7.. but maybe it will work in Vista as well.
https://support.creative.com/downloads/search … e&showdetais=1#

If not, go ahead and try to install the one included on the XP CD in Vista.
It is in this folder on the CD:
CTShared\LaunchEx\PIDInst\

Not sure if the Vista CD will try to install the newer version or not when you run the setup from the Vista CD.
You may try copying the whole CD to a folder and then replace that whole folder with the one from the XP CD.

If neither of those work.. I'll see if I can hack together the XP and Vista one to make a Vista one that will detect the Fatal1ty FPS.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 28 of 31, by Robhalfordfan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote:
Ok.. so it was Creative doing their normal... use the same model number for different cards thing. Either the firmware is differ […]
Show full quote

Ok.. so it was Creative doing their normal... use the same model number for different cards thing. Either the firmware is different or the firmware detects the slight differences in configuration and changes the ID that the setup program detects.

Pretty sure this is the same as your card - Fatyal1ty FPS SB0460

Fatal1ty FPS SB0460.jpg

And the XtremeMusic SB0460

XtremeMusic SB0460.jpg

The only differences I see are that the Fatal1ty FPS has the LED block and there is no jumper on the EXT header.

What happens if you unhook the front panel and install the jumper where it is on the XtremeMusic card? Does setup see it then?

I really should just install the Fatal1ty card I have in a test setup but since you already have one installed... and I don't have the front panel.

the top card pictures looks my card as it the "x-ram" thing in the top right and what jumper i dont see it one

Reply 29 of 31, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Jumper is in the picture of the XtremeMusic. Near the bottom right in the picture.. don't mind the bent posts.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK