VOGONS

Reply 1060 of 1061, by Delphius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On my Orpheus I have been experiencing a popping sound at the start of every sound. It was most noticeable when playing a Sierra game like KQ6CD where the dialog is broken up into several sound files. I finally figured out that this only happens when the spdif digital output is enabled. This click happens on both the spdif signal, but also on the main analog output as well. This happens with both the unisound drivers with /XOS1 flag enabled, as well as the orpheus drivers. When spdif is not enabled this click sound goes away.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Reply 1061 of 1061, by Styrbjorn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello !

I've just bought a Orpheus 1 card off eBay.

It works nicely with standard SB16 stuff but my MIDI WaveTable seems to have some issues with the setup.

When trying to run MIDI using the MT32 support I get sound but then the music slows down and it even seems to loose some instruments at some point.

Can this be due to some kind of IRQ conflict or something ? It seems to get slower and slower the longer I try to play audio using the MT32 type of sound.

Otherwise great product 😀 Im looking forward for the Orpheus 2 card I've bought to another retro-pc build 😀

Regards.

UPDATE: I've solved the issue, it was a conflict with the card itself 😀 disabled the Crystal MPU using the flasher tool and switched firmware 😀