VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1. Is the CT1350B, the SB2, a mono only card?
2. If you upgrade the card, with the CMS chips, is it still a mono card? (Because I thought the Game Blaster had stereo output.)
3. The PCB says CT1350B, but all the cards I have seen also have a sticker on the reverse that says CT1350A. Why is this?
Thanks a lot for any comments! 😀

Reply 1 of 2, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OPL2 is mono
DAC/ADC is mono
CMS is stereo

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 2 of 2, by Error 0x7CF

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Sound Blaster 2 has a stereo audio connector with the mono output from the adlib and PCM split to both left and right. The separated left and right are then combined with the left and right of the CMS output to produce the final result.
You hear it on both channels both ways but without the CMS it's just the same mono on both L and R.

The PCB says CT1350B, but all the cards I have seen also have a sticker on the reverse that says CT1350A. Why is this?

Creative being Creative. Unless someone here worked at Creative and was personally involved in that, the particulars of exactly why are probably lost to history.
I didn't actually notice that until just now, or at least if I did I forgot about it. I got up to check my SB2 and it's there.

Old precedes antique.