VOGONS

First post, by ramunegaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys.

I'm in a bit of a pickle and I'm at a loss so I thought I'd come and ask for some help as VOGONS has helped me in the past with my retro rig before.

I'm trying to capture my retro rig which was a pain in the arse to capture but about 6 months ago I got it working perfectly, however, I moved away for a short while but since coming back I've been struggling to get the capture working again due to an audio issue I'm having. I'm not really sure what's causing the issue so I thought I'd describe it here and see what others think.

Alright, so I am currently using an AWE64 Value soundcard in my retro rig which is then connected to a VGA to HDMI converter which also converts the audio. This device is called the Sewell Manta. After the manta, it goes directly into my capture card the X-Capture 1 for capture. AWE64 Value (Spk out) -> manta -> HDMI -> capture card.

For an example of the audio issue I'm having I will post a sound clip here: https://voca.ro/h8MVeOIshW9 (WARNING: Might be super loud so turn your volume down)

Anyways I'm having a hard time determining what the issue is as I don't have much experience with audio issues. Is it a hiss? Humm? Whine? Is it the card? etc.

Any help would be appreciated 😀