VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by lordskylark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lordskylark wrote on 2020-03-27, 02:41:
If some of you here have some downtime, I am looking for someone to make some high-quality recordings of the music for a few old […]
Show full quote

If some of you here have some downtime, I am looking for someone to make some high-quality recordings of the music for a few older New World Computing games (mainly Might and Magic) as part of an archive, including my personal friend who composed much of the music. The games were ported to various platforms, so we are trying to get a recording of each version. We understand that emulation is possible, but we are not interested in using emulation, we want a recording made from the original hardware. It would be very expensive and time consuming for us to acquire every single system and learn its operations, especially when some of these soundtracks are incredibly short and some of the systems quite costly. I will monetarily compensate anyone for the time invested.

We can provide images and/or save states for most of these in order to make this as easy as possible without having to play through the entire game.

Needed systems:

AppleIIe (three games: 1 minute + 1 minute + 1 minute) (1987, 1988, 1990)
DOS SoundBlaster 1.5 OPL2 (one game: 90 minutes) (1991)

Japanese PC-8801 (one game: 20 minutes) (1987)
Japanese PC-88VA (one or two games: 20 minutes each) (1987)
Japanese PC-9801 (ask)
Japanese FM77AV (one or twos game: 20 minutes each) (1987)
Japanese FM-Towns (ask)

There may be some more in the future, depending on how soon these can be completed.

(Note: Unless, the specific requests are deleted from the main post, do not consider any requests to be fulfilled yet even if someone has responded, as offers do not always come to fruition.)

Thank you,
Andrew

EDIT: DONE:
*** Amiga
*** Macintosh
*** MSX1
*** PC-Speaker
*** one SoundBlaster 1.5 OPL2 game

Reply 21 of 21, by lordskylark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

MSX versions done...
Currently working with some people to get all the Japanese versions done...

The only things left here are:
*Someone partially finished the OPL2 game.
*Apple IIe games.

There's almost no music in the Apple IIe versions, so this should be very easy if someone is willing to help out with it.