VOGONS

First post, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am currently building a year 2004 machine using a Asus P5P800 Mainboard with onboard Sound (ADI AD1985) and Windows XP Pro.
In the manual the P5P800 even offers a Software driver update "SoundBlaster Live! upgrade" which would be really nice to have.

So far I had been able to install the basic XP driver for the ADI AD1985 Soundmax but the "SoundBlaster Live! upgrade" refuses installation:-(
On the Asus website you can DL the "SoundBlaster Live! upgrade" for this board but when you try to install it, it seems that the Software "SoundBlaster Live! upgrade" is no longer supported 🙁
(see pictures below)

Does anyone know this stuff? Is there any chance to get the sound upgrade running? And any idea where to get the neccessary key (free?)?

TNX , regards & and keep well!

ildonaldo

PS: In case you ask - NO, I don't want to add any additional Soundcard, I am just curious if I can get the software update running.

00.jpg
Filename
00.jpg
File size
175.15 KiB
Views
File comment
Sounddriver from Asus website
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later
01.jpg
Filename
01.jpg
File size
163.26 KiB
Views
File comment
Error starting activation manager (no matter what button you choose)
File license
GPL-2.0-or-later

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.

Reply 2 of 2, by ildonaldo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh, thats no news to me - as I wrote previously "it seems that the Software "SoundBlaster Live! upgrade" is no longer supported 🙁"

I am looking for a manageable solution or workaround.

Building my own PCs since 1991 - for my retro builds it's "no CF-disks, no Floppy emulators, no modern cases etc.", only the real and authentic stuff whenever possible.