VOGONS

First post, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm actually hoping this isn't true, as it would be bad news for anyone looking to use legitimate Sound Canvas emulation alongside other 32bit VSTi's (e.g. Yamaha SYGX50) in a switchable mode using something like Savihost or FalcoSoft's FSMP.

However, going to the old software page at Roland, I was met with: "Notice (May 12, 2020) - Sales of plug-in software products moved to Roland Cloud" with a list including SCVA being among them.
https://contentstore.roland.com/software/

Additionally, it appears that Roland Cloud is only distributing an installer that installs SCVA 64bit version of the VSTi plug-in (currently v1.1.6) with no option for a 32bit download.

Has anyone corroborated this? Are there any known options for lifetime license holders to get an authenticated 32bit version anymore via Roland Cloud?

This certainly would complicate things for people who've taken Phil's lead on building an AIO synth emulator box.

Reply 1 of 5, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was able to confirm today via an email exchange from Roland support. This is what they had to say:

Sorry, the Roland Cloud lifetime key covers only the Roland Cloud version of Sound Canvas. [...] All of the Roland Cloud plug-ins are 64-bit, and we don't offer 32-bit versions. The most recent 32-bit version would be whatever the last version available from the old Roland Content Store.

Seeing as how the old Roland Content Store now just has a splash screen redirecting to Roland Cloud, this effectively means the Sound Canvas VA 32bit VST plug-in is effectively end-of-life and no longer supported or available.

Sad.

Reply 3 of 5, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Roland User wrote on 2020-06-02, 16:33:

What for you need SCVA x64 latest versions ?

I don't need the 64bit version. I would prefer the 32bit version. However, people who want to use FSMP presets to switch between VST plugins will NOT be able to. They'll need 32bit FSMP for 32bit VST's (like the SYXG50) and 64bit FSMP for SCVA unless you have a licensed older version of the 32bit SCVA VST.