VOGONS

First post, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anyone an Orchid Soundwave 32 with the 1mb ROM? I didn't know it had a 1mb ROM until about 20 minutes ago, and I've only heard the recordings of the 512k version. I was wondering if anyone could get a recording of "At DOOM's Gate" for a comparison to the 512k:

Attachments

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have both versions though I don't have a computer currently put together that I could run them off of.

I've put this thread in my watch list and I'll try to keep an eye on it and if nobody does a test soon maybe I can do one.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The original ROMs were called the Prosonus ROMs and then later Invision also released some ROMs for the Orchid cards (2x 512 KB).

As I recall, the 1 MB ROM was referref to as the AWS ROM? Would be nice if someone could dump that ROM content with an EEPROM reader.

Although the Invision ROMs do sound better, I'm also curious to know what the AWS ROM sound like. Do you need to load a specific tsr for this one?

Reply 3 of 3, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
jesolo wrote on 2020-12-09, 11:36:

Although the Invision ROMs do sound better, I'm also curious to know what the AWS ROM sound like. Do you need to load a specific tsr for this one?

I'm not sure. I don't even entirely understand what TSR is, I normally just use Windows 95.