Reply 40 of 40, by sergio27ru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Babasha wrote on 2023-11-07, 16:38:
Hi! […]
Show full quote
sergio27ru wrote on 2020-12-21, 05:00:

Hello all! I've got a problem with es1688+es968+qs700: esfm work well 220/5/1/330, but onboard wavetable doesn't work by any settings\jumpers configuration, also dosn't work external wavetable. I'm think - that needed software activation programm (or card is dead). Does somebody have an expirience with this cards and mpu? please help!

Hi!

I won it in 20 minutes)))

On the photo in the attachment standard positions of the jumpers

ATTENTION!
JP3 PNP_EN - in a OPEN state! In this state, the PNP mode is turned ON (!!!)

Further in this mode, the Win98 is loaded, the drivers are configured automatically and the soundcard works perfectly in Win98 (the sound and all 3-4 synthesizers - Midi Mapper with OPL3 sound or what is , ESS MPU - works on board WaveTable and some other synthesizers Ess FM which is also similar in the previous sound).

Next, go to DOS and initialize the card using Unisound 0.80 without keys - it finds and launches a card in PNP mode and silence in General Midi mode at 330 port 🙁

Carefully read the documentation of Unisound, and there is a special key /NOPNP (just for the bunch of ESS1688+ESS980) and start Unisound /NOPNP

Taaadaaammm! Hurray appeared sound in General Midi on port 330

Clarification

UNISOUND in my case needs to be run 2 times

1) UNISOUND (without keys) - initializes the card in PNP mode, but without the sound of the built-in wavetable
2) UNISOUND /NOPNP - reinitializes the card in NOPNP mode and there is a sound from the built-in wavetable

THATS ALL!

Thank you Babasha!!! You are the best!! But it's to late for me 🙁 something alce die on my card and any motherboard doesnt work with this card after my experiments 😉