VOGONS

First post, by Leety McLeet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys

I'm after the original driver and application CD-ROMs that shipped with the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. Sadly I seem to have misplaced mine, and Creative only provide barebone drivers and applications on their website. Would be nice to have the original drivers and applications to keep everything period correct.

If anyone is able to help out by ripping the CD's and uploading them to archive.org, that would be awesome!

Just to save time, yes, I've already browsed the Vogons driver page. The specific images I'm looking for are not available. I'm fairly certain the ZS PP was released in 2003, and so the CD's are slightly different.

Thanks in advance

Retro Computer Enthusiast!

Reply 1 of 5, by Wanderer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
here are the discs I have that came with a 2 ZS Platinum Pro. Do you need all or just the gold one? Not sure I can upload to archive.org (never tried it before).

Attachments

• DSCN4134.JPG
    Filename
    DSCN4134.JPG
    File size
    1.54 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 5, by Leety McLeet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the quick response. "grommit2007" sent me a PM with a link to the CD's I was after on archive.org, which seemed to work perfectly. Interesting that yours came with Hitman and Thief, I had Soldier of Fortune II bundled with mine.

Thanks anyway 😀

Reply 3 of 5, by Tavisco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Leety McLeet wrote on 2021-01-30, 22:49:

Thanks for the quick response. "grommit2007" sent me a PM with a link to the CD's I was after on archive.org, which seemed to work perfectly. Interesting that yours came with Hitman and Thief, I had Soldier of Fortune II bundled with mine.

Thanks anyway 😀

I have interest in those CDs too, can you share it with me? Looking forward to build a period correct PC too 😁

Reply 4 of 5, by Leety McLeet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Tavisco wrote on 2021-06-07, 19:47:

Thanks anyway 😀

I have interest in those CDs too, can you share it with me? Looking forward to build a period correct PC too 😁

https://archive.org/details/Soundblaster_Audi … nd_Applications

Seems that all Audigy ZS models shipped with the same installation media. The only difference was the bundled software - usually 1 or 2 games and/or Fruity Loops, depending on the region.

Reply 5 of 5, by Tavisco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Leety McLeet wrote on 2021-06-08, 12:11:
Tavisco wrote on 2021-06-07, 19:47:

Thanks anyway 😀

https://archive.org/details/Soundblaster_Audi … nd_Applications

Seems that all Audigy ZS models shipped with the same installation media. The only difference was the bundled software - usually 1 or 2 games and/or Fruity Loops, depending on the region.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Many thanks!