VOGONS

First post, by TelamonLivesOn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have tried to find good soundfonts to use with Rise of the Triad, but can't find any great combinations. Whether this be the the percussion line being too loud or too quiet, the brass section sounding lame. I know this is very subjective, but I am curious as to what you recommend for this game's unique music.

Reply 1 of 2, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I use the Roland Sound Convas VST plugin configured for the SC-55 for all my general midi games. I don't think the SC-55 always sounds "the best" but since a lot of studios back then used the SC-55 to compose their midi tracks it does sound pretty good. I have tried timbres of heaven and the crisis font, and while they certainly can sound great with certain games they definitely don't fit every midi track IMO.

For general midi you can get really close to that with an imitation font like Deemster or Patch93s V2. I am not sure how important this is when using a sound font, but for the roland plugin I find it sounds the most accurate with a 32000 sample rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVUAyDdMHs

Reply 2 of 2, by TelamonLivesOn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For those of who are just finding this post: I'm currently using Arachno, since it seems to be the best overall soundfont for stuff like this. Unlike Timbres of Heaven, this soundfont is much more balanced and won't blast your ears out.