VOGONS

Reply 302 of 307, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Rawit wrote on 2024-01-01, 17:30:

Does anybody know the power consumption of the X2GS?

It's definitely not higher than 2.5W since it works perfectly connected to the most basic USB 1.1 ports (5V and 500 mA max.).

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 303 of 307, by M-HT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Rawit wrote on 2024-01-01, 17:30:

Does anybody know the power consumption of the X2GS?

It declares MaxPower 200mA and my usb hub shows 0.1A (rounded to 1 decimal place) when using it.

Reply 305 of 307, by lowe0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

One thing I really wish existed: a “Chill stack”. On top, a USB Audio class-compliant device, ideally with an onboard MIDI interface that could patch out to the Chill, in an enclosure the same size as the Chill medium. In the middle, the Chill itself. Finally, a 2ch mixer and headphone amp, ideally with pass through power to the Chill.

Intended use case would be a DOSbox on Raspberry Pi or SFF PC. I know all this could be integrated into one PCB, but then you need one PCB for everyone’s varied preferences. With a stack, you can mix and match what you need.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to trying the X2GS. I’ve got my Chill already, but my X2GS is in customs (long story). Soooooooon….

Reply 306 of 307, by M-HT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've had an unused STM32 Blue Pill board, so I built a simple USB MIDI interface for Waveblaster boards (those that only need 5V).

I created a firmware for the Blue Pill (modified an existing one) that can (when configured with multiple US MIDI ports) merge MIDI messages from all ports and use the 'F5 nn' message to switch between ports on the Waveblaster board.
The source is available here: https://github.com/M-HT/USBMidiWaveblaster

It's a way to access all 32 midi channels on Dreamblaster X2(GS) using USB in any OS (without modifying OS drivers).

Reply 307 of 307, by ricardo.contieri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear all,

I hope this is not a dead post: any one with a good idea on how the X2GS could work with the original Prince of Persia? I tried the MT-32 version, but I got horns sounds when the caracter is jumpping...

Would that be the "final" result?

Thanks!